I have been nominated for another award that I have great pleasure in accepting. This time it is a different one, the Liebster Award. I was very kindly nominated by Kevin, over at http://creativemysteries.net/
The Rules for The Liebster Blog Award are as follows:
List 11 random facts about you.
Answer the questions that were asked of you.
Nominate 11 other blogs for the Liebster Blog Award and link to their blogs.
Notify the bloggers of their award.
Ask the award winners 11 questions to answer once they accept the award.
So, Eleven Random Facts About Me.
- I have blue eyes.
- When I was younger I gave up my job to play guitar in a band (unsuccessfully, obviously).
- I hate the heat and even find the UK too hot most of the time.
- I enjoy reading – no surprise to most of you.
- I love espresso.
- If forced to pick a favourite author it would probably be Evelyn Waugh.
- I tend to overanalyse the things that people say, coming up with all sorts of, probably incorrect, sub text.
- I get frustrated by the frequency of simple spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in print books these days.
- I live alone with my books and some friendly tropical fish.
- I am rubbish at golf
- I am very selfish with my time and particularly resent it when others say, ‘You aren’t doing anything, you are only reading’.
My Answers to the Questions I was Asked
- Do you have a favorite memory? – Holidays spent in Cornwall as a child
- Who or what inspires you? – Excellence inspires me, so, many people out there that are good at what they do inspire me
- Finish the sentence: When things get rough, I like to… – sit down and make a plan, be logical and find a solution, if there is one
- If you could meet anyone in the world who would it be? Why? – A difficult question but probably Richard Feynman, a true genius and a very interesting man – otherwise George Harrison or John Lennon
- What’s your definition of friendship? – when you can go without seeing a friend for a long period of time but always know they will be there for you, and when you do see them again, nothing has changed, it is as if you haven’t been apart
- What’s your favorite creative art? Why? (writing, painting, drama, sketching, etc.) – Writing
- Spontaneity or planner? – I am a planner most of the time
- Word processing or handwriting? – It depends on my mood, generally word processing though
- Are you more of a risk-taker or prefer staying in a comfort zone? – I am definitely not a risk taker
- Are you a visual, auditory, kinesthetic, or tactile learner? – Probably visual
- Would you rather be extremely happy or simply content? – Naturally I would prefer to be extremely happy, but this often requires periods of intense sadness to contrast the happiness, otherwise how you feel would just be normal. If I needed to have those periods of sadness, I would rather just be content, much as I am now
Eleven Questions for my Nominees
- What is your favourite book?
- Do you play an instrument? If so, which one?
- What is your ideal holiday?
- Which author would you most like to meet (they do not need to be currently alive)?
- What is your favourite genre to write in?
- What is your least favourite book?
- Do you have siblings, if so which?
- PC or Mac?
- Do you eat meat?
- What is your favourite sport?
- Do you have a day job?
I had a list of eleven nominees this morning, with one extra in reserve, and so far today two of them have received awards already. I have therefore flouted the rules and only nominated ten bloggers. I feel like such a rebel – your own conscience will have to determine whether you feel you can do the same.
Sarah Cradit http://sarahcradit.wordpress.com/
William Louison http://williamlouisonpoetry.wordpress.com
Amanda Allen http://amandaaallen.com/
Robynn Gabel http://dupler.org/
Congratulations to all of my nominees. I hope that they will all accept this award. Thanks again to Kevin for nominating me and I hope I have discharged all of my duties fully with regard to my acceptance of this award.